IMMUNITY STARTS IN THE GUT:
Immunity starts in the gut: Almost 70% of our immune cells live in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) along with the 100 trillion gut bacteria that make up the gut microbiota.
The gut is a major entrance for pathogens, toxins and allergens and one of the major roles of the immune system in the GIT is to distinguish between harmless antigens, such as food, and health hazards.
The development of a healthy immune system therefore depends on a healthy gut microbiota, which is directly linked to nutrition.
What is the advantage?
Microorganisms that improve intestinal flora are called probiotics; similarly, microorganisms that improve immune functions are called immunobiotics.
Allerpac's Heat-treated Lactobacillus plantarum is a truly immunobiotic ingredient that differs from common probiotics. In a clinical study, Heat-treated Lactobacillus plantarum has demonstrated superior activity to induce IL-12 production compared to other lactobacilli.
IL-12 plays a significant role in regulating the immune response, particularly in the context of combating infections. It promotes the differentiation of T cells (a type of white blood cell) into a subset called T helper 1 cells (Th1 cells). Th1 cells are important for enhancing the immune response against intracellular pathogens like viruses and certain bacteria.
Additionally, IL-12 stimulates the production of other cytokines, such as interferon-gamma (IFN-γ), which further amplifies the immune response. This cytokine is crucial for coordinating the body's defense against pathogens and has been studied extensively in the context of immunology and immunotherapy.
Immune cells ingest HK-L137 of allerpac
And produces IL-12,
a signaling molecule
IL-12 maintains immune balance,
therefore immunity improves
Fights virus, Infections and Cancerous Cells
Interleukin-12 (IL-12) is a crucial cytokine in the immune system with several important functions:
1. Inducing Immune Responses: IL-12 helps initiate and enhance the body's immune response against pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
2. Activating T cells: It promotes the differentiation of T cells into a specific subtype called T-helper 1 (Th1) cells. Th1 cells play a key role in cell-mediated immunity, which is important in fighting intracellular pathogens like viruses.
3. Stimulating Natural Killer (NK) Cells: IL-12 activates NK cells, which are a type of immune cell that can rapidly respond to infected or cancerous cells.
4. Enhancing Cytotoxic Activity: It boosts the cytotoxic activity of immune cells, including T cells and NK cells, making them more effective at killing infected or abnormal cells.
5. Regulating Adaptive Immunity: IL-12 helps coordinate the adaptive immune response by influencing the activation and differentiation of various immune cells.
6. Antitumor Effects: IL-12 has shown potential in cancer immunotherapy due to its ability to enhance the immune system's ability to recognize and attack tumor cells.
While IL-12 is important for effective immune responses, overproduction or dysregulation of IL-12 can be associated with autoimmune diseases and inflammatory conditions.
Why ALLERPAC for Immune and Gut health?
High Immuno-stimulating activity
(Potent inducer of IL-12)
1 Sachet per day
From the most reputable manufacturers of the finest ingredients in Europe, Japan and the United States
5 Billion CFU for a healthy gut
Increases gut microflora & supports immune function
Science - backed Ingredients